Nelson Mullins, an AmLaw 100 law firm, seeks a Research Specialist with 3-5 years of experience to work in one of our following locations: Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Charleston, SC; Charlotte, NC; Columbia, SC; Nashville, TN; or Raleigh, NC.
The Research Specialist provides expert and in-depth research services to all attorneys, legal staff, administrators and others firm-wide. The Research Specialist must be able to quickly evaluate research inquiries to determine the best methods and resources necessary to complete each request.
Reference and Research
- Conduct all facets of legal and non-legal research using appropriate print and on-line sources.
- Conduct in-depth research on and analysis of companies, industries, markets and competitors and compile answers and communicate research findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Evaluate new products as necessary and make recommendations for the purchase of resources based on practice areas and business development needs and cost.
- Keep abreast of developments in research and competitive intelligence services and resources.
Technology and Training
- Assist with the development of orientation and training materials.
- Participate in formal orientation and training
- Conduct on-demand training in the use of print or electronic resources.
- Maintain proficiency in Firm technologies including document management system, password and research management tools and other applications.
- Recommend and post content to the Intranet and library portal.
- Participate in, or lead, special projects as assigned.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.